Branded as the "Little Vigan of the South”, Taal Heritage Town is overflowing with rich history, culture, and beauty. It used to be located in present-day San Nicolas, but after the 200-day 1754 eruption, the biggest eruption of this small volcano recorded in history, the entire town was forced to move to a safer elevated location, farther from the Taal Volcano.
This sightseeing heritage tour starts at Goco Ancestral House with the welcoming remarks and brief history lecture about Taal, facilitated by a local expert, Pio Goco, a member of the Goco clan and one of the many passionate Taalenos working hard to preserve Taal’s heritage. After you take a deeper look into what the town looked like before until the present day, you’ll surely need something to fill your hungry stomach. Lunch is served at the 2nd level of the Goco Ancestral House where you can indulge yourself with the local Taal delicacies from appetizers to the main course and to desserts.
The walking tour continues as you visit the Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Caysasay, the church dedicated to the miraculous image of Mother Mary called Our Lady of Caysasay. A few walks from the church is the hillside well called Sta. Lucia Well and is believed that the waters coming from the spring has miraculous powers. Next stop
are the ancestral houses of some of the prominent Philippine National heroes such as Marcela Marino Agoncillo, a renowned Filipina in Philippine history as the principal seamstress of the first and official flag of the country, gaining her the title of "The Mother of the Philippine Flag” and Don Felipe Agoncillo, a diplomat, revolutionary hero and a major supporter of the revolt against the Spanish forces. Another historical landmark to visit is the Apacible Museum, once the ancestral home of Don Leon and Matilde Apacible, stands like a beacon on the main street of the town. Don Leon was Emilio Aguinaldo’s Finance officer and a delegate to the Malolos Congress of 1898.
To refresh you from the long walking tour, we’ll treat you with the special Halo-halo for snacks, a popular Filipino dessert with a mixture of shaved ice and evaporated milk to which various ingredients are added, including sweetened beans, coconut, sago,
gulaman, mashed tubers, fruits, flan, and ice cream.
The walking tour continues by visiting the Basilica de San Martin de Tours, the biggest Catholic Church in the Philippines and in the
whole Asia. The tour ends by enjoying various Filipino street food, traditional snack food
Hotel Pick-Up from Major hotels in Manila Bay, Makati, Taguig, Pasay, and Ortigas.
Starting Time : 08:00am
- Roundtrip transfers via air-conditioned van.
- Lunch and PM Snacks.
- Entrance Fees.
- 5 – hour Walking/Heritage Tour.
- Services of an English speaking / DOT Accredited Tour Guide.
- Local Guide.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Additional food and drinks.
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended.
- Even though this tour includes lunch, if you want to eat or drink something additional, it will be charged to you, so it's up to you to bring enough money if that's the case.
- According to the weather, wear sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and other accessories you think necessary in order to protect yourself from sun radiation.
- Bring extra money so you'll be able to buy some souvenirs for your beloved ones or for yourself in order to remember your visit to these wonderful places.
- Don't forget to bring your camera!
- As this is a full day tour and you'll be far from the place you're staying in Manila, make sure that you'll be bringing the medicines and supplies you need for taking care of your health in any circumstance.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Please enter your hotel name in the comments section during the booking process.
- We require the FULL NAME OF ALL THE GUEST (name as it appears in the passport/government issued ID) and DATE OF BIRTH to complete the booking process.
- This tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
Hotel Pick-Up Schedule:
Pickup times are approximate. You will receive a precise pickup time upon calling to reconfirm your tour 24 hours before departure. Please be waiting in your hotel lobby 20 minutes prior to
given departure time.
- Makati Area Hotels:
- Pasay and Taguig Area Hotels:
- Manila Bay and Ortigas Area Hotels:
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent
- cancellation fee.
- If you cancel with in 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Pay Later Instructions
Your credit card will secure your booking, but you will only be charged for your booking, two days before the selected travel date.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.