Subic Bay is a bay on the west coast of the island of Luzon in the Philippines, about 100 kilometres (62 mi) northwest of Manila Bay. Back in the time of the second world war, It was a major ship-repair, supply, and rest and recreation facility of the Spanish Navy and subsequently the United States Navy located in Zambales. The base was 262 square miles (about the size of Singapore). The Navy Exchange had the largest volume of sales of any exchange in the world, and the Naval Supply Depot handled the largest volume of fuel oil of any navy facility in the world.
On this tour, you will be visiting and exploring this incredible place full of history at the same time that you'll be learning and listening to interesting facts of the area back in the days of the WWII.
Plus, you'll have a tour around the Bay and you'll be experiencing a Zoobic adventure!
Let’s begin our adventure with an early morning drive to the former US naval facility in Subic, 75 miles northwest of Manila. After 90 years of being a naval fortress, due to a volcanic eruption in 1991, the base facilities were destroyed.
The area has since been converted into a modern free port and tourism zone. Subic is one of the popular places to visit in the Philippines boasting of numerous attractions and exciting activities.
Witness the aftermath brought by Mt. Pinatubo’s eruption, considered the strongest volcanic eruption in the last century. Admire the beautiful scenery as we pass through the provinces of Bulacan and Pampanga.
In Subic, visit the Jungle Environmental Survival Training Camp (JEST Camp). Learn how to survive in a tropical rainforest, as taught by Zambales’ indigenous tribesmen called Aetas. Then visit Zoobic Safari (the only one of its kind in the Philippines) featuring 11 unique attractions guaranteed to make your visit a most thrilling and memorable one. This tour allows you to get up close to the tigers and an opportunity to feed them in their own habitat.
There is an option to stop by duty-free shops inside the Freeport Zone before the return trip to Manila.
Hotel Pick-Up in Major hotels in Manila Bay, Makati, Taguig, Pasay, and Ortigas.
Starting Time : 8:00 AM
- Roundtrip Transportation from major hotels within Manila Bay, Makati, Taguig, Pasay, and Ortigas.
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle.
- Licensed English-speaking Tour Guide.
- All Admissions.
- Additional Food & Beverages Outside Lunch.
- Optional Gratuities.
- As this is a full day tour and you'll be far from the place you're staying in Manila, make sure that you'll be bringing the medicines and supplies you need for taking care of your health in any circumstance.
- Comfortable shoes and light clothes are recommended.
- Don't forget to bring your camera!
- According to the weather, wear sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and other accessories you think necessary in order to protect yourself from sun radiation.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Please enter your hotel name in the comments section during the booking process.
- We require the FULL NAME OF ALL THE GUEST (name as it appears in the passport/government issued ID) and DATE OF BIRTH to complete the booking process.
Hotel Pick-Up Schedule:
Pickup times are approximate. You will receive a precise pickup time upon calling to reconfirm your tour 24 hours before departure. Please be waiting in your hotel lobby 20 minutes prior to given departure time.
- Makati, Taguig and Pasay Area Hotels: 07:45am to 08:00am.
- Manila Bay Hotels and Ortigas Area Hotels:
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Pay Later Instructions
Only payments in cash will be accepted before tour departure.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.