On this tour, you will appreciate the beauty and majesty of Chichen Itza, and you will visit Ek Balam at the end of the day all this while admiring the incredible mayan architecture as well as learning about this ancient civilization.
After the Pick-Up, you will be driven to the place where you'll discover how the large pre-Columbian city of Chichen Itza played an important role in the Mayan civilization around 600 AD to 1200 and remained a center of worship and pilgrimage until the arrival of the Spaniards. Even today, it is still considered sacred by the Maya people in the Yucatan Peninsula site.
After visiting the site of Chichen Itza, we’ll make a quick stop at Ek Balam, one of the last archaeological sites discovered in Yucatan’s peninsula. Ek Balam is a Mayan name that can be translated to Spanish as "black jaguar” or "star jaguar”. It’s composed of several temples, two huge palaces and a large pyramid in the center of the site.
In this site, you’ll see how the dimensions of the buildings. Inside of the walled place, you’ll find the most important structures, and around them, you’ll find several edifications of different types. Besides, from the heights of the main pyramid, you’ll get to see the Coba ruins.
If you are someone who likes to travel as well as to know about history and old civilizations, this tour is for you! Since you’ll have a whole day to admire the beauty and majesty of Chichen Itza (one of the New7Wonders of the World) and then you’ll finish your day with a visit to the amazing site of Ek Balam.
If your hotel is located in the center of Cancun you’ll have to arrive at the following meeting point: Hotel Oasis Smart at 05:00 a.m. If your hotel is located in the center of Playa del Carmen you’ll have to arrive at the following meeting point: Hotel HM at 05:15 a.m. Please contact our staff in destination to get further detail.
Starting Time : First pick up at 05:00 AM (Varies according Departure Meetin
Duration : 14 hours (Duration includes pick-up, activity and drop off times).
- Round transportation.
- Entrance to the archaeological site.
- Box lunch.
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended.
- Wear sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and other accessories you think necessary in order to protect yourself from sun radiation.
- Bring extra money so you'll be able to buy some souvenirs for your beloved ones or for yourself in order to remember your visit to these wonderful places.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Government order, in case you want to enter to the archaeological site with mobile devices (GoPro, professional camera, selfie stick and drones) you must pay an additional fee per device at the ticket office.
- This tour is not suitable for people with mobility issues, as it implies a large amount of walking.
- You can cancel this tour up to 48 hrs before the activity takes place with no penalty.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.