Experience Tokyo’s culinary hidden gems on this 3-hour Tokyo food tour through three very famous and must-see places in Tokyo!
Starting off in Yurakucho, exploring Ginza and ending in Shimbashi, your guide will show you the sights, sounds, and most importantly, the tastes of Tokyo most tourists do not get to experience. Visit Gado Shita, a lively restaurant district built up under the brick arches beneath the elevated train tracks. Step into the narrow streets of the red lanterns and neon signs, so-called Yokocho alleys, where you can find yourself back in the 70s of Japan. In such exotic and retro ambiance of the Showa period times, you’ll see local izakaya mostly frequented by locals. You’ll enjoy 2 food stops in this area that serve typical snacks/ starters enjoyed by local Japanese office workers and friends out for a night on the town. Enjoy traditional starter- bar snacks in one spot, and discover the regional tastes of Ise in Mie Prefecture at another quaint and interesting location.
Continuing in Ginza, explore some very interesting food spots where you can find a $400 melon, and a famous Sembei (rice cracker) shop dating back from the early 1800’s! Taste for yourself the tradition and pride behind this Tokyo historic spot– their secret recipes have been guarded carefully for over 200 years.
See the famous landmarks of Tokyo’s most expensive real estate area! Soon after we will go to a special restaurant where we will sample 6 or more regional foods from the south of Japan, in Miyazaki Prefecture. You will also have a chance to experience some amazing seasonal dishes at this place.
Finishing up with our last food stop for dessert and then wandering over to Shimbashi you can see how the glamorous Ginza clashes with the rustic old Tokyo. Shimbashi is home to some of the most authentic local eateries and izakayas in Tokyo.
Have the chance to dine with locals for an evening you’ll surely never forget.
2-5-1, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Starting Time : 4:30 PM JST
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops
- 2 drinks
- Traditional desserts and snacks
- Local English speaking guide
- Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)
- On rainy days, we recommend bringing an umbrella. They can be easily purchased at any convenience store.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes as there will be walking involved.
Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly
Please keep in mind, however, that we cannot make an allergy free or dietary restriction food guarantee since food is prepared in kitchens that do not belong to Arigato Japan. Also some stops may not have a viable substitution but we will make every effort to compensate at different stops throughout the tour.
"Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case."
- 7+ days before tour’s date: full refund of tour fees minus any processing fees.
- 4 to 6 days before original tour date: 50% refund of tour fees minus any processing fees.
- 72 hours or less prior to tour: no refund
- Arigato Japan is not responsible for cancellation conditions or fees imposed by third-party tour agency or any other company through which a service was booked.
Pay Later Instructions
Your credit card will secure your booking, but you will only be charged for your booking, two days before the selected travel date.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.