The Osaka Market Food Tour - You will not only learn about Kuromon Market but also get an insider’s’ perspective on the culture, local people, food, and the Osakan way of life.
During your market tour you will have a chance to try high quality, seasonal fish, produce and beef. Try Osaka’s most famous street foods and enjoy the colorful sights and sounds around the lively vendor stalls.
The market has a special energy that welcomes both visitors and locals and there is something new to see and experience every month of the year.
After finishing in the main market area, go with your guide to nearby Sennichimae Doguyasuji, Osaka’s "Kitchen town.” You can see cooking tools and equipment crucial to Osaka’s chefs and restaurateurs. Everything kind of Japanese kitchen item you could want can be found here – knives, bowls, takoyaki grills, neon signs, plastic food, utensils, appliances and much more. The plastic food is a special feature here. Called "Food samples” this tradition originated in Japan more than 100 years ago, when some entrepreneurial restaurateurs started to display wax and later plastic food dishes outside their shops to show diners what they can expect. Find your own perfect plastic sushi or other dish as a unique souvenir of your trip to Osaka!
Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Chūō-ku, Nipponbashi, 1-18-3
Starting Time : 9:00 AM JST
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops
- 1 Drink.
- Local english speaking guide.
- Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)
- On rainy days, we recommend bringing an umbrella. They can be easily purchased at any convenience store.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes as there will be walking involved.
Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegetarian, Pescetarian friendly.
Please keep in mind, however, that we cannot make an allergy free or dietary restriction food guarantee since food is prepared in kitchens that do not belong to Arigato Japan. Also some stops may not have a viable substitution but we will make every effort to compensate at different stops throughout the tour.
"Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case."
- 7+ days before tour’s date: full refund of tour fees minus any processing fees.
- 4 to 6 days before original tour date: 50% refund of tour fees minus any processing fees.
- 72 hours or less prior to tour: no refund
- Arigato Japan is not responsible for cancellation conditions or fees imposed by third-party tour agency or any other company through which a service was booked.
Pay Later Instructions
Your credit card will secure your booking, but you will only be charged for your booking, two days before the selected travel date.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.