Enjoy a great
relaxing day away from the crowded metropolis of Rome. This is the perfect
excursion for people looking for tasty Roman food and wine, wishing to share
this intimate experience with other friends and to make great memories of the
authentic gem of Frascati.
The departure will be from Termini Railway Station, if you are staying in a centrally located hotel, we are glad to provide the transportation from the hotel to the railway station; in this case the pick up will be approximately at 09.00 a.m. The train leaves at 09.45, in just 30 minutes you will reach Frascati and you will meet our friendly guide Dominque. The tour has officially started! Dominique will accompany you on ashort stroll around the streets of Frascati where you will taste the famous Frascati roasted pork from the oldest bakery in town (the famous "Porchetta”), sip the Frascati wine in a jug at a traditional ‘Fraschetta’ and meet the local baker, tavern owner and other characteristic locals. During the tour, you will also visit some iconic places like Villa Aldobrandini, Frascati’s Saint Peter’s Church, the main market plaza, many typical shops and taverns, the Bishop’s Palace and the 12thcentury church St. Rocco.
After this detailed introduction of the town, with a short and pleasant walk you will get to the Frascati Winery. There you will take a walk through the vineyard with the vintner, learning about the different varieties of grapes and pruning systems of Frascati. In the 16th century cellar, you will learn how the Frascati jugged wine used to be traditionally made and see all theold machinery and tools that were used in the winemaking process. You will also explore the deep wine cave in which ancient Roman artifacts have been discovered.
After the tour of the vineyard, you will have an enchanting wine tasting experience that will make you savor the flavor of the three types of wine the vineyard produces. At the end of the winery experience, you will walk back to the center of Frascati, right into a charmingOsteriafor lunch. This includes a mixed platterof typical Roman cuisine, like ricotta with honeyand walnuts, local cheeses, prosciutto, salami and mozzarella, or your choice of traditional Roman pasta, like gnocchi with truffle sauce or spaghetti with cured ham sauce or any possible special they have on the menu for that day. One of the best wines of the Frascati Winery will be served during the lunch. After lunch, at about 02.30 p.m. you will be accompanied to Frascati Railway Station to return to Rome. You will arrive at central Railway station at approx. 03.15 p.m., so you still have the chance to enjoy other stunning experiences in the great Eternal City.
The meeting point is at Termini Rail Station, in front of Nike Store inside the main gallery from Piazza Dei Cinquecento Hall Entrance (pick-up from centrally located hotels is available)
Starting Time : 09:00 AM
- Free pick-up service from your accommodation in Rome, if centrally located, to Termini Rail Station
- Round Trip train ticket from Rome to Frascati
- Walking Tour in Frascati with stops to taste local food
- Full visit to Frascati Winery including a stroll in the vineyards with an English speaking guide and a wine tasting with a certified sommelier
- Light lunch in a typical “Osteria” in the center of Frascati, with local food and drinks (water and wine)
- Small group best experience
- Hotel Drop-Off (you will be dropped off at the Termini Rail Station)
Please inform your accommodation in Rome to check if free pick-up service is available
- Tour length is approximately 6 hours including round trip transportation by train from Rome
- Tour ends at approximately 03.15 p.m. at Termini Rail Station.
- Any food allergies, intolerances or any other special requirements need to be notified upon reservation
- The day before the tour departs, customers will receive further instructions for this activity
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after the tour departure
- Free cancellation up to 7 days before tour starts.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.