Badia a Passignano a real jewel hidden in the hills of Chianti. Visit a small medieval village and have wine tasting and discover the main steps of wine production
Depart from central Florence via our comfortable vehicle and take the one and only Chiantigiana road that will lead you directly inside the Chianti wine region that gives you an endless range of things to see and do. First you’ll find Badia a Passignano a real jewel hidden in the hills of Chianti. Here you’ll first visit the Abbey of San Michele Arcangelo a Passignano a beautiful complex located uphill and surrounded by cypresses.
This place is also known for tis frescos specially the one by Domenico Ghirlandaio. After the visit to the Abbey you’ll enjoy a beautiful wine tasting in the heart of Chianti Classico where you’ll get the chance to taste unique wines with a local host. Ater delight your place with a Tuscany lunch. In the afternoon you will visit a small medieval village with narrow roads and full of artisan shops with a stunning view of the Chianti area which is famous and known all over the world thanks to its red wines and local products but also for its unique scenery over the countryside.
After continue your day trip to another charming winery where you’ll have a second wine tasting and a visit to the cellars with a local host that will help you discover the main steps of wine production and you’ll also visit the cellars. Get also the chance to admire the vineyards and olive groves. Your visit to Tuscany would not be complete if you did not experience a traditional wine tasting and meal in the great Chianti area. After you will enjoy a pleasant ride back to central Florence where the tour will end.
Florence Coach Station, Villa Costanza (Tram T1)
- Travel by GT coach or minivan
- Expert multilingual tour leader
- 2 wine tastings in 2 different wineries
- Visit the heart of Chianti area
- Stop in Badia a Passignano with visit to the Abbey
- Stop in a medieval hamlet with free time
- Traditional Tuscan Lunch
- Pick Up & Drop off from accommodation to the meeting point
- Gratuities (optional )
- Please in case of special alimentary requirements let this know right away after booking the tour: email@example.com
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.
• A vegetarian meal is available for lunch, please specify any dietary restrictions at time of booking
• Instructions to reach the meeting point: Meet our staff, who will be wearing green shirts, at Villa Costanza, Florence Coach Station.
You can reach this meeting point via the T1 Leonardo tramway to Villa Costanza (get off at the Villa Costanza stop, which is at the end of the line). The ride takes 20 minutes from the city center and you can choose the nearest stop.
The schedule of the tour:
Tour duration: 9h
Meeting point: Florence Coach Station, Villa Costanza (Tram T1) Lat:43.755066 Long:11.173907
Departure time: 09:30 am (check in closes 15 min before departure)
Return point: Florence
Return time: around 6:30 pm
*PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THE DEPARTURE TIME ARE WITH THE LOCAL TIME OF THE TOUR OPERATOR, TUSCANY ITALY
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before tour begins.
Pay Later Instructions
Your credit card will secure your booking, but you will only be charged for your booking, two days before the selected travel date.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.