Sumerge into Ancestral Otavalo Culture in one day by going to its traditional market and bargaining with the indigenous sellers here.
Depart from Quito through the Pan-American North Highway until arriving to Cayambe, where the passengers will have the opportunity to taste the delicious "Bizcochos de Cayambe”, a type of cracker or bread baked in a clay oven (greatly paired with local cheese or caramel sauce). Afterwards, we will make a brief stop at "Miralago”, to admire a wonderful view of Lago San Pablo, amazing views. The tour then continues to Otavalo where Otavaleños (natives) set up a market in which a bartering manner of shopping is taken place. The market hosts a variety of different handcrafted items.
Passengers may choose between staying longer in Otavalo or go to visit to the leather shops at Cotacachi. On the way to Cotacachi, we will visit a traditional workshop of Andean instruments "Ñanda Mañachi" located in Peguche.
In Cotacachi you have enough time to visit the village, the shops of leather goods and free time for lunch, (not included). Return to Quito picking up passengers in Otavalo (spot determined by Gray Line Guide).
** Bus will wait for 10 minutes in Otavalo to pick up passangers that stayed there, after that will return to Quito with passengers that are on board.
Starting Time : 7:45 AM
- English-speaking guide.
- Pick up & drop off at hotel.
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended.
- Wear sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and other accessories you think necessary in order to protect yourself from sun radiation.
- Bring extra money so you'll be able to buy local food and drinks as well as some souvenirs for your beloved ones or for yourself in order to remember your visit to these wonderful places.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- This tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- Cancellation without charge until 1 day before the tour.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.