The butterfly house is on
the campus of Hosteria Mariposas de Mindo, a full service hotel. The
exhibition has more butterfly species and other creatures flying in its
facilities than anywhere else around and has become a must-go attraction
The garden works hard to foster the longevity of species and part of the butterfly production is released into the environment to provide a balance in the ecosystem.
In the exhibition area you can experience the feeding of 25 colorful butterfly species and observe about 1,200 butterflies at the same time flying around and landing on you.
Address: Mindo Sector La Yaguira - 2km from town of Mindo
Mindo's butterfly farm is only 2 km away from the centre of tonw. You can easily walk there , bike there with your rented bike, or take a $1.50 USD cab ride. This attraction is on the way to the Mindo Canopy base camp and to the cable car to the waterfalls.
Starting Time : Everyday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Food and drinks.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Transportation to/from attraction.
- Bring a camera for great photo opportunities.
- Try to visit in the mornings from 10am to 12 pm because that's when it's usually sunnier and butterflies will be flying around. Great for all kinds of travelers: kids, seniors, and families included!
- Don't use insect repelent.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you are still looking for lodging in Mindo, consider staying at the accompanied hotel - Hosteria Mariposas de Mindo.
- There is also a restaurant at the location if you are looking to dine.
No Available Data
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.