Valparaíso is the struggle between sea and land, between mankind and its need to inhabit the world. That is why houses cling to the hills, and even the same hills seem to be always ready to pounce at the sea. Seen from afar, Valparaíso seems to be a horseshoe or, why not, like a deep embrace to the ocean that allowed it to live longer. Inside, the streets of the port still murmur stories of sailors and lost ships, mermaids and men who got lost forever in its countless stairs. This tour is designed so that you walk through the streets between the hills and you read the stories painted in the walls. You will see how the sea breeze strokes the clothes hanging from balconies like flags or as if to say goodbye with a handkerchief. We want you to smell the old wood of the funiculars and see close enough the feet of the porteño at each step of the stairs ending the route in La Sebastiana, house of Neruda, the most loved poet, where each object represent a moment that the sea once dreamed about. The city of Valparaíso is the headquarters for the Chilean National Congress and the historic quarter of the city was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2003. In addition, Valparaíso is also the headquarters of other important state departments such as the Chilean Navy, the National Customs Service and the Ministry of Culture and Arts. To sum up, on this tour to Valparaíso we feel its contrasts, breathe its history, respect its importance and enjoy its beauty. We visit the hills that characterize the city landscape and museums that tells us the life contained within going over its unique streets.
- Seaport of Valparaíso
- Cerro Bellavista
- La Sebastiana (Pablo Neruda house)
- Plaza Sotomayor
- Reina Victoria funicular
- Cerro Alegre
- Paseo Atkinson
- Cerro Concepción
- Paseo Yugoslavo
- El Peral funicular
- Cerro Artillería
- National Maritime Museum
- Mirador and craft fair, 21 de Mayo.
Pickup at the door of your accommodation (valid for accommodation within the tourist circuit).
Starting Time : 08:30 AM
- Entrance fee to La Sebastiana.
- Entrance fee to Reina Victoria funicular.
- Entrance fee to El Peral funicular.
- Entrance fee to the National Maritime Museum.
- Guided trip transfer.
- Passengers insurance for the trip by vehicle.
- Pick-up at the door of your lodging (valid for lodgings in tourist circuit).
- Anything not previously mentioned.
- We strongly recommend the use of sunscreen and to bring sunglasses, lightweight warm clothes.
- This tour includes a walk of approximately two hours.
- In Cerro Alegre, we will establish a meeting point and you are free to have lunch wherever you wish. Our guides will be happy to give you some directions or orientations in case you need it.
Tour available during the whole year from Tuesday to Sunday as museums in Chile are closed on Mondays due to maintenance.
Guided transfer in a vehicle authorized to provide tourist services.
Insurance by passenger seat.
Groups of maximum 07 passengers per vehicle.
- Indo pro Chile tours will only be suspended if the weather conditions hinder the realization of them, or local authorities close access for safety. In this case the tour will be rescheduled according to the availability or the guarantee deposit will be returned. In case of rain, weak snowfall or other adverse weather conditions, and after the evaluation of our technical team, the tour will be carried out normally. So it is not within our policies to return the guarantee deposit when the travelers themselves decide to cancel our services due to weather conditions.
- Travelers will not receive a refund if they cancel the reservation.
Pay Later Instructions
Your credit card will secure your booking, but you will only be charged for your booking, two days before the selected travel date.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.