See the unearthly landscape of the Valle de la Luna — Moon Valley — on a tour from San Pedro de Atacama. One of the driest places on the planet, the valley is made up of dunes, caverns, sharp peaks and natural depressions, creating an unbelievable moon-like scene in the Salt Mountain Range. With a guide, you’ll explore the area on foot, checking out caves, canyons and climbing a dune for a sunset view that will take your breath away
Your day trip from San Pedro de Atacama begins with hotel pickup from the Hotels on the pick up list (Hotels list with pick up included: Hosteria San Pedro de Atacama, Casa de don Tomas, Altiplánico, Kimal and Poblado Kimal, Cumbres, Iorana Tolache, NOI Casa Atacama, Don Raúl, Tulor). If your Hotel is not included on the list, please approximate directly to the meeting point located at Ignacio Carrera Pinto #451, San Pedro de Atacama, at the same time specified.
The best place to enjoy the much anticipated Chilean sunset is in the Salt Mountain range, the location of the Mars and Moon valleys. The valleys contain a variety of stone, sand-like formations - a result of water and wind. As the sun sinks below the horizon, experience the wonder of the area and its close resemblance to the moon.
In the evening, one of the most expected moments is the sunset and the best place to appreciate it is the mountain range of the Salt, with its Mars and Moon Valleys that are saline and sacrilegious conformations product of the mineralogical folding that has taken place for one hundred million years and that originated small mountains of capricious and sculptural forms that at sunset resemble a Lunar landscape. We will visit 3 main points, starting with a view to the Cordillera de la Sal in the Valley of death. Incredible landcapes from the desert we can find here, and amazing postals too!
After the Cordillera de la Sal, we will visit the Licanantay viewpoint where you can see the mountains of salt from above. Beautiful landscapes, where the desert gives us the opportunity to see how great and incredible is it, full of colors and history behind its sand, rocks and mountains.
Finally, we will visit the Valley of the Moon, where 3 sites are visited. First, a tour of the salt caves is subsequently the salt statues "Las Tres Marias", the amphitheater and the large sand dune in the central part of the Moon Valley. We wait for the sunset at the Coyote stone. After an incredible scenic sunset, we begin the trip back to your Hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
Ignacio Carrera Pinto #451, San Pedro de Atacama.
Starting Time : 15:00 hs
- Hotel pick up and drop off (Remember that the transfers are included on the following Hotels: Hosteria San Pedro de Atacama, Casa don Tomas, Altiplánico, Kimal, Poblado Kimal, Cumbres, Iorana Tolache, NOI Casa Atacama, Don Raúl, Tulor. If your Hotel isn't on the list, you must approach to Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451)
- Transportation Insurance
- Bilingual Live Guide (English & Spanish)
- Optional Gratuities
- Entrance Fee (CLP 4000 approximately)
* Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 minutes prior to published time
* Tour departs from San Pedro de Atacama
* It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing for this excursion
* Remember that the transfers are included on the following Hotels: Hosteria San Pedro de Atacama, Casa don Tomas, Altiplánico, Kimal, Poblado Kimal, Cumbres, Iorana Tolache, NOI Casa Atacama, Don Raúl, Tulor). If your Hotel isn't on the list, you must approach to Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451
No Available Data
- 24 hours prior the departure of the trip
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.