This tour will take you to the North region of Azerbaijan.
First stop will be in Quba city – one of the oldest in Azerbaijan. It has unique nature, nice climate, and clean air. We will visit
Quba and the Jewish settlement across Quba – Red Sloboda.
After lunch, we will drive to the Afrudja waterfall – dropping from a height of 90 meters, the waterfall is one of the biggest in Azerbaijan. Back to Quba, we will check in our hotel and you will have free time to walk around the old city.
Next morning, after having breakfast we will go to a unique place – Xınalıq; Khinalug: Kətş; also known as Khanaluka, Khanalyk. Khinalykh or Khynalyk is an ancient Caucasian village dating back to the Caucasian Albanian period. It is located high up in the mountains of Quba Rayon, Azerbaijan. It is also a municipality in Quba Rayon, which consists of the villages of Khinaliq and Qalayxudat.
Khinaliq is located north of Quba in the middle of the Greater Caucasus mountains that divide Russia and the South Caucasus. It is the highest, most remote and isolated village in Azerbaijan and among the highest in the Caucasus. Khinaliq has a population of about 2,000 people. This small group of people speaks the Khinaliq language, that belongs to the Northeast Caucasian language family, although many speak Azerbaijani as well.
Khinaliq is among the most ancient and continuously inhabited places in the world, with a history of over 5,000 years. Because of the high altitude and remoteness, it managed to survive many invasions. We will also find some other historical places such as a 12th-century mosque, a 15th-century mosque, and several ancient cemeteries between the mountains.
The most interesting thing to see is the "tower of silence”, built by fire worshippers, known as Zoarastrism and the "Temple of fire”.
- 10:00 – 11:30 – transfer Baku – Quba
- 11:30 – 13:30 – walk around Quba (visiting famous Jewish village "Red Sloboda”)
- 13:30 – 14:00 – Quba –
- 14:00 – 15:00 – lunch
- 15:00 – 16:00 – Gechresh – Afruja waterfall
- 16:00 – 17:00 – visiting waterfall
- 17:00 – 18:00 – Afruja – Qub
- 18:00 – 18:30 – accommodation in a hotel
- 18:30 – free time
- 09:00 – 10:00 – breakfast
- 10:00 – 11:00 – Quba – Khinaliq
- 11:00 – 13:00 – walk around Khinaliq
- 13:00 – 14:00 – lunch
- 14:00 – 16:00 – visiting temple of fire worshipers, and "tower of silence” of fire worshipers
- 16:00 – 18:00 – Khinaliq – Baku
Starting Time : 10:00 AM
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.