Who doesn't love penguins, right? They are friendly, they are lovely and they walk funny.
Martillo Island is a perfect place to walk among them, appreciate them and learn how they survive in hostile weather conditions. On this tour you should be able to see hundreds of them and also other marine creatures as a PLUS.
Meet your guide at the touristic port of Ushuaia in downtown Ushuaia. We will then drive 90km on the legendary National Route N´3 and then Complementary Route J to historic Harberton Farm. The farm was founded in 1886 by an Anglican missionary, Thomas Bridges and that is still held by the family.
Take a a 15 minute boat ride to Martillo Island on Beagle Channel. Martillo Island is home to an incredible colony of Gentoo and Magellanics penguins between September and April. The rookery hosts around 1000 nests, and is one of the three Magellanic penguin rookeries in Tierra del Fuego. There is also a small colony of 9 breeding couples of gentoo penguins (Pygocelis Papua), the only one in South America.
Enjoy a one hour guided walk amongst the penguins in groups of 20 persons. It's truly an unique experience! The penguins share the habitat with other birds, such as skúas, petrels, cormorants, vultures and South American terns. Then we will sail back to Harberton Farm where you will enjoy free time to visit this traditional Estancia.
Walk around the gardens, visit the Marine Mammals and Sea Birds museum Acatushun and admire the views of the End of the World! Transfer back to the touristic port.
Meeting point is at our booth at the port of Ushuaia, the name of the booth will be provided upon reconfirmation of your booking details.
- Professional bilingual (English/Spanish) tour guide
- Round-trip transportation from the touristic port of Ushuaia to Harberton farm
- Round-trip boat ride from Harberton farm to Martillo Island
- One hour guided walk amongst the penguins on Martillo Island
- Free time to explore Harberton farm and museum Acatushun
- Pick-up/drop-off to/from Ushuaia hotels
- Entrance fee to Harberton Farm (which is about ARS 240 per person, cash only)
- Food and beverages
No Available Data
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the tour starts.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.