Monte Fitz Roy and Torres del Paine are two wonderful sites in the Patagonian that you can't miss. On this tour, you'll be hiking to Monte Fitz while admiring the wonderful landscapes of the area and getting incredible and unique views to Torres del Paine.
Our day starts at 7.45 am as we depart from El Calafate and head along the famous Route 40. This iconic highway goes along the Argentino Lake up to the La Leona River.
Passing the 'Cañadón La Leona' we will arrive to the ancient route hotel "La Leona". It is here where you will be able to have a break for coffee and cakes. Once the break is over we will continue along the Lake Viedma, from here we can take in the magical views of glaciers, hidden lakes and the glory that is Mount Fitz Roy.
After several photos stops we will then arrive to Andean village El Chalten, also known as the 'The Capital of the Trekking'. As soon as we arrive we will briefly visit the Interpretation Centre and then the group will be divided according their chosen option at our base The Pudu Lodge. We will advise you several options according to your physical condition and provide you of a map and a packed box to carry in your backpack. This is perfect for the independent traveler; the clearly-marked tracks can make anyone feel like an expert.
Around 17:30 pm we will return with the rest of the group to the base to enjoy a delicious hot chocolate at Pudu Lodge.
Difficulty Level: Moderate.
Hotel Pick-Up Our driver will be waiting in the lobby of your hotel between 07:15 AM and 07:45 AM
Starting Time : 7:15 AM - 7:45 AM
- Roundtrip transportation from El Calafate Hotels.
- English/Spanish speaking guide during transportation.
- Visit of El Chalten Interpretation Centre.
- Lunch box.
- Coffee break at La Leona.
- Guided hike in El Chalten.
- Optional gratuities.
- Warm clothes and shoes are recommended (as well as accessories for snow zones).
- As this is a full day tour and you'll be far from the place you're staying in El Calafate, make sure that you'll be bringing the medicines and supplies you need for taking care of your health in any circumstance.
- Don't forget to bring your camera!
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- This tour involves an intense amount of walking.
- Gray Line Argentina will contact you to obtain more details if necessary.
- Booking guaranteed.
- Minimum age suggested: 13 years old.
- This service is not refundable. If the tour is canceled by the operator due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be provided.
Please Sign in
to view Reviews and Ratings.